Catalogue of antique portrait prints.
7. Gotthold Ephraim Lessing (1729-1781) was a German writer, philosopher, dramatist, publicist and art critic, and an outstanding representative of the Enlightenment era.
- Size sheet c. 34×42.5cm.
- Mostly engraved, some etching
- Age: c.1870
- Condition: 3 small tears in right paper edge, not effecting image and backed / consolidated; 1 small tear in bottom paper edge.
- Engraved by Alfred Krausse (1829-1894), German engraver from Lössnitz, pupil of Henry Winkles in Carlsruhe, active in Leipzig.
- Printed by Th. Zehl in Leipzig
- Printed signature of Lessing in bottom margin
New items still to be described. Inquire for further information.